Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm Not Ashamed

"When you found me, my whole world changed, I'm redeemed by your life. Let the earth see you are freedom, turned my darkness to light! You welcomed me in with open arms, into unending life! I'm not ashamed of the gospel Lord, Your power, Your love, that saved my soul, now I'm alive in You, I live in the risen Son!" During this time of upheaval, change, stock market ups and downs, etc., everyone has an opinion on everything. Sometimes when we feel okay with things or even when we don't we have a tendency to stay with the "status quo" or the"don't rock the boat" syndrome. Now we could get into a whole debate on the political issues of everyone but my point is about our faith and how we decide to live our everyday lives. DON'T BE ASHAMED! of who you are and what you believe in and shout it from the rooftops that God is our Savior and there is GOOD NEWS! That He has come for all of us, not just for those of us that sit in the pews every sunday morning. He changed my life and so many around me and we are not only called, but commanded to go and share the good news, to go and make disciples. Jesus is freedom! He has brought the Light for us and we NEED TO SHARE IT! We need to remember to share the Light in our everyday lives as well. When the kids are screaming their heads off, our or spouse does something that truly annoys us, or you need to just listen to a friend and be there for them. It's hard sometimes to remember to be the Light in the small things. (I know I seem to be rambling today, but I have a lot flying in my head, hehehe!) Overall, we are taking baby steps to reaching out to those within our church and how we can reach out to those outside the four walls. My challenge and question to you is: How do we share the Light, how do we share the Good News? Be specific, I'm not talking, "what if's" , or "if we could only's!" Let's think BIG, and DON'T BE ASHAMED to SHOUT it from the rooftop ideas.
We need your input, let me hear your voice. For example my sister has been talking with the director of the Terrace Park Apts. about a coat and that drive but then also other events that we can get people out of the church and into the mission fields. Let me know your ideas on how to reach out with our praise team and services. Please check email as well for more business issues.

No comments: